Auditioning for Membership: After an audition (details below), you may be selected for either regular membership in the Seattle Wind Symphony or as a sub player.
Additional regular membership considerations:
- Attendance at rehearsals is extremely important and expected. We allow for an occasional absence; but have high expectations regarding attendance. Dress Rehearsals are mandatory.
Sub Player List:
- The Seattle Wind Symphony maintains a roster of sub players for all instruments. These players are invited to fill in when regular members are not available. This could be for a rehearsal, a series of rehearsals, or a concert. We are currently seeking sub players for all sections.
- Sub players are an important part of the SWS community and many sub players have been given the opportunity to join as regular members as openings occurred. We invite you to audition to become a sub player.
We offer two methods of auditioning:
- Applicants may submit their resume of playing experience and a recorded sample of their playing. The recording should not exceed 5 minutes and may be informal; but it should reflect technique and musicianship. All audition material should be mailed to the Seattle Wind Symphony, 2402 80th Ave NE Medina, WA 98039.
- Anyone with a performance posted on YouTube that fairly represents their musical ability my let us know how to access the recording and we will use that posting. Those using this method of audition should send their resume to the Seattle Wind Symphony, 2402 80th Ave NE Medina, WA 98039.
For a discussion regarding audition opportunities or our process, please contact Chris Barnes, Auditions@SeattleWindSymphony.org or call (206) 713-0665.